Sunday, February 19, 2012

Bee calm, Have some Tea...

I have this natural tendency to want to "mother" people.  If they're sad or mad or just having a rough time, I do what I can to make things better.  I do it to my students, my friends, and my family members--whether they want my help or not.  I'm not really sure if this is a good thing or not.  Sometimes it's really frustrating when I try so hard to cheer someone up or change the subject. 

Recently, I created this little knitted project to gift to my mom.  She's been going through a lot lately.  I was hoping to see a little spark of excitement, happiness...I don't know.  It didn't really work, but I'm pretty proud of it.  This little tea cozy is my own design.  I didn't follow a pattern and didn't get the idea from something I'd seen.  It's exciting for me when I create something using just myself.  I especially love it if something I make makes a difference for somebody else :)


No comments:

Post a Comment